top of page

LHP118's CookBook

Public·9 members

Crispy Falafels ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

# Mediterranean #Appetiser #Main #Snack

Serves: 20 falafels

Prep Time: 10 mins (Chickpeas Soaking Time: 1 d)

Cooking Time: 30 mins

Source: https://thefoodietakesflight.com/crispy-falafels-and-spicy-garlic-dip-vegan-recipe/

Ingredients:

• 2 cups dry chickpeas soaked overnight (see notes for canned chickpea sub), 350 g

• 1 red or white onion

• 1 tbsp fresh dill totally optional! Feel free to use dried herbs. Parsley and cilantro work too!

• 1 1/2 tsp cumin seed powder

• 1 tsp salt

• 6 tbsp flour I used all-purpose

• 1/2 tsp baking soda

• 3 tbsp nutritional yeast for flavour (feel free to leave out and adjust salt to taste)

• 3 tbsp sesame seeds for coating (optional)

• Neutral oil for cooking (I used canola)

Spicy Garlic Dip (Makes around 3/4 cup)

• 1/2 cup neutral oil I used canola

• 1/4 cup soy milk

• 2 tsp white vinegar

• 1/4 tsp sugar

• 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt adjust according desired to taste

• 1 tsp minced garlic optional, for garlic mayo version!

• Sriracha adjust depending on desired taste!

Method:

• Steps (Baking option in notes)

• Wash chickpeas thoroughly. Place chickpeas in a container with water. Soak the chickpeas overnight. They will double in size.

• Drain water from the chickpeas. Place the chickpeas, onion, and fresh dill/herbs (if using) in a food processor until throughly combined.

• Transfer the chickpea mixture into a bowl. Mix in the cumin, salt, flour, baking soda, and nutritional yeast (if using). Mix until well combined. Feel free to adjust salt, to taste.

• If using sesame seeds, place them in a shallow plate.

• Shape the falafels into patties. Place falafels in the sesame seeds and coat. Pat down the falafels to ensure the sesame seeds stick.

• Heat a pan with oil. I used a cast iron pan. Once hot, place the falafels and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp.

• Drain excess oil from the falafels.

• Enjoy while hot with the garlic dip (recipe below) or other dipping sauce of choice!

Sauce

• Place all ingredients in the blender. Blend until thick! Feel free to adjust seasoning according to desired taste. Mix in some sriracha if you want some spice!

NUTRITION:

Serving: 1falafel | Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 184mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 13IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg

bottom of page