top of page

LHP118's CookBook

Public·9 members

One-pan prawn pilau

Practically no chopping. Use your favourite curry paste, store cupboard and freezer ingredients

Serves: 4

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cooking Time: 20-25 minutess

Source: BBC Good Food https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/one-pan-prawn-pilau

Ingredients:

2tbsp korma curry paste (Patak's is good)

small onion, finely chopped

100/10oz basmati rice, rinsed and drained

700ml/1 1/4 pts chicken stock made from a cube

150g pack cooked peeled prawns, defrosted frozen

cupful frozen peas

1 red chilli, sliced into rings

handful coriander leaves, chopped

lemon wedges, to serve

Method:

1. SIZZLE, NO STIR Heat a large, wide pan and dry-fry the curry paste with the onions for 4-5mins until the onion begins to soften. Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat in the curry paste. Add the stock, and bring to the boil.

2. COVER & COOK Cover the pan and tum heat down to lo leave the rice to simmer slowly for 12-15 mins until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked Tüm off the heat and stir in the prawns, peas and chilli. Cover the pan and leave to stand for 5 mins.

3 FLUFF IT UP Fluff up the rice grains with a fork and season if you want. Scatter over the coriander and serve with lemon wedges

PER SERVING 340kcal, protein 18g, carbohydrate 65g fat 3g, saturated fat 1g. fibre 2g, added sugar none, salt 2.38g

1 ved chilli, sliced into rings

handful coriander leaves, chopped

mon wedges, to serve

WHAT YOU SO 1 SIZZLE STIR Heat a la jend dry-fry the paste with the o until the oni gins to soften. Add the pan and stir at in the curry paste Add the

MAKE IT AGAIN

Add 400g/140z chopped smoked hoddock in with the stock, add chopped hard-boiled egg and omit the prawns to make ledgeree Use cooked, chopped chicken instead

of prawns Make some raita by mixing finely chopped

cucumber and chopped mint with natural low-fat yogurt to serve

Taste team comment

A very quick recipe to make even though I don't often cook rice. I particularly enjoyed the prawns Next time I make this, I will try using coconut milk in place of the stock ANNA

Foolproof rice supper HEALTHY OPTION £1.35 a head

bottom of page